Saturday, December 27, 2014

Top 100 of 2014 (50-41)


50. Ashley Allen - Body Say No, Heart Say Yes PEAK: #9


Probably the most obscure artist/song in this list, Ashley Allen, previously unknown to me, managed a top 10 hit on my chart early in the year with this catchy pop song.


49. Moist - Mechanical PEAK: #6


It sure was a long time coming, but the reunion for 90's Canadian rock band Moist was definitely worth the hype! While lead singer David Usher has never had a solo top 10 on my chart despite all his hits, he finally achieved a top 10 with his band.


48. The Script - Superheroes PEAK: #3


Irish pop-rock band The Script has had several hits so far this decade, and they returned with a new album in 2014. This lead single quickly reached my top 5, and makes my top 50 for the year.


47. DJ Cassidy feat. Robin Thicke & Jessie J - Calling All Hearts PEAK: #11


An odd collaboration here, but the combination of DJ Cassidy, Robin Thicke and Jessie J resulted in a hit for me! This catchy tune combined these three talents very well and had longevity for me despite not making my top 10.


46. The Fray - Break Your Plans PEAK: #7


The Fray has had several hits so far on my chart, but it was this one from the "Helios" album that only became their second top 10 hit on my chart so far. Overall, it ranks as my favourite from them.


45. Stef Lang - Indestructible PEAK: #8


Canadian singer Stef Lang has charted fairly frequently since 2010 and this song from her new EP "Rubix" puts her on the year-end tally for a fifth straight year. This song, much like many others from her, has very inspirational lyrics.


44. Rixton - Me And My Broken Heart PEAK: #9


British boyband Rixton broke through the big time in 2014, and this debut single from them caught on fairly quickly for me, reaching my top 10 and placing respectably on the year-end.


43. Samantha Jade - Soldier PEAK: #5


Australian singer Samantha Jade has had several hits for me over the past couple years, and this song became my favourite from her so far, making it all the way into my top 5 on the weekly chart.


42. Hedley - Crazy For You PEAK: #2


While this has the highest peak on my chart for any Hedley song, they did rank higher than this in other years. Still, this retro pop-sounding song became one of my favourite Hedley songs to date.


41. Midnight Red - Miss Firestarter PEAK: #8


American boyband Midnight Red has had several hits on my chart over the past few years, and this one is just as catchy as I've come to expect from them. I feel the hit streak will continue even longer for them at the rate they're going!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive