Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Top 100 of 2014 (20-11)


20. Taylor Swift - Shake It Off PEAK: #2


This was one song that was everywhere in 2014! Taylor Swift ditched her country roots for a full-on pop album; the result, "1989", sold over a million copies in its first week alone. This song still has the attitude her songs are known for while beng a fun pop tune at the same time, reaching the #2 spot on my chart.


19. Lauren Winans - Wicked Game PEAK: #1 (4 weeks)


After her first single to reach my chart, "Better At Breaking", dominated early in the year, I was anxiously awaiting a follow-up. When it arrived, I was blown away; this catchy, upbeat party anthem pretty much has everything I look for in a catchy pop song. It spent 4 weeks at #1 in October and remained in the top 10 for the rest of the year... how high did her big hit "Better at Breaking" land?


18. Kongos - Come With Me Now PEAK: #1 (1 week)


One of this year's breakout bands has to be the South African brothers known as Kongos! This catchy alternative rock song became a huge hit, topping my chart for a week and making them one of my top new acts of the year.


17. John Legend - All Of Me PEAK: #6


One of the year's most romantic songs has to be this ballad from soul singer John Legend! It became his biggest hit to date, and on my chart, had a lengthy chart run, reaching my top 10.


16. Maroon 5 - Maps PEAK: #1 (2 weeks)


As always, I had high anticipation for new music from Maroon 5! Sure enough, after breaking the record for highest single-week climb, this quickly shot up to #1, spending two weeks there and becoming their 12th #1 overall. It's also the highest appearance their album "V" gives us.


15. Idina Menzel - Let It Go PEAK: #7


Disney movies are always known for memorable songs, many of which have made their way into general pop culture. This song is no exception, as the movie "Frozen" was a huge hit and this song, as performed in the film by Idina Menzel, became a breakout smash, reaching my top 10 and experiencing enough longevity to reach the top 20 on my year-end.


14. Christina Perri - Human PEAK: #2


In 2014, Christina Perri finally released her second album, "Head Or Heart". This lead single was no disappointment, reaching the #2 spot on my chart and having enough longevity to rank at #14 for the whole year.


13. Demi Lovato feat. Cher Lloyd - Really Don't Care PEAK: #1 (1 week)


Demi Lovato has been one of the year's top artists for me, mostly due to the continued success of her 2013 album "Demi". This song, which features Cher Lloyd, became yet another hit for her, her 6th #1 overall on my chart.


12. Celine Dion feat. Ne-Yo - Incredible PEAK: #4


One of the highlights of Celine Dion's latest album was this duet with Ne-Yo, who has also had several decent-sized hits on my chart. Put the two together and you get some "Incredible" chemistry between them, and the result was a smash that reached #4 on my chart in the spring, and the highest song on here that didn't reach #1 on my weekly chart.


11. Alyssa Reid - Hurricane PEAK: #1 (1 week)


Last year, Alyssa Reid was #11 for the year with "Running Guns". This year, she does it again with "Hurricane", which can also be found on her album "Time Bomb". This became her 5th #1 overall on my chart, an amazing track record so far. However, she has yet to reach the year-end top 10, despite having had two songs ("If You Are" and "Satisfaction Guaranteed") that would have if not for being split between two years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive