Thursday, January 1, 2015

Top 100 of 2014 (5-3)


5. One Direction - You And I PEAK: #1 (3 weeks)


I've always had a soft spot for boyband ballads over the years. And while I'd liked several One Direction songs before this, I'd kinda gone off them after being disappointed with a few of their singles. However, this song won me over once again... it sounds very much like a 90's boyband ballad! As a result, it quickly climbed up my chart, reaching #1 for three non-consecutive weeks, which helped its overall ranking. So far it is their biggest hit for me (and their only one to make a year-end top 10), and with their current single "Night Changes" on top of my chart (which is their third overall), the hits can only continue for them!


4. Colbie Caillat - Hold On PEAK: #1 (3 weeks)


I've been a Colbie Caillat fan for several years now, really enjoying her acoustic-based hits. However, I was surprised to hear this Ryan Tedder-produced song was surprisingly upbeat! Needless to say, I was still very much into this one! It spend three weeks at #1 back in January, and ranks as her longest lasting hit ever for me. This is her third song to make my year-end top 10, with "I Never Told You" my #2 of 2010 and "We Both Know" my #3 of 2013; she is definitely one of my top artists of the 2010's so far thanks to songs like this!


3. Neon Trees - Sleeping With A Friend PEAK: #1 (5 weeks)


I've always found the music of indie pop/rock band Neon Trees decent at the very least. However, it was this song that really hooked me! The cautionary tale of what happens when friendship is taken to the next level became an instant favourite of mine, and would go on to spend five weeks at #1 on my chart. Despite the follow-ups not being very successful for me, this song will still always remind me of my 2014 year musically, and take me straight back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive